Crafting Your Successful Business
Your business is a living organisation which interacts with an outside world customers, suppliers and business partners, you have little control over. The health of your business depends on how aligned and coherent it functions within and without.
This series of 6 workshops (one per week) will guide you through the refinement of your business model to create a business which: (1) customers love, (2) you can build yourself and/or through the help of others, and (3) makes the profit you desire. The workshops are based on the international Lean Startup / Lean Launchpad movement, which success has been proven numerous times all over the world. After the workshop, you should have a good idea of what it takes to create this business and have a solid plan to achieve it.
Please note: This workshop series is for a business and best results are achieved when two, max three key persons or business partners represent a business in the workshop (workshop price is per business, not per person).
- Refining your value proposition: Understand the problem(s) you are trying to solve, estimating your target market, knowing market types and their characteristics, conducting your competitor analysis, designing your products / services using customer feedback;
- Understanding your customers: Understand the different types of customers, your customers and their needs, adapt your business model to customer needs, getting/keeping/growing your customers, creating your sales funnel and measure its success, understanding your customer acquisition costs;
- Defining your distribution channels: Understanding different channel types and their characteristics (such as required volumes, value-add and costs); choosing your right channel(s) through customer feedback;
- Designing an appropriate revenue and pricing model: Understanding the different revenue generation strategies, establishing the right pricing model through customer feedback, create sales projections and targets based on your revenue strategy and pricing model;
- Creating your products and services: Understanding the larger eco-system your value proposition lives in, understanding what resources and activities are required to “produce” your products or services;
- Getting the right suppliers and partner businesses on board: Understanding the risks and advantages of using suppliers and partner businesses in delivering your value propositions, strategies for successful partnering, deciding on which of your activities and resources are getting outsourced and which you want to keep in-house;
- Understanding your costs: Understanding your cost structure (cost of sales, cost of creating your products and services, cost of innovation, cost of partners and suppliers), cost reduction strategies.
Who Should Attend?
- Start-up founders who want to create a business out of their idea;
- Owners and leadership of struggling businesses who want to understand what is going wrong;
- Owners and leadership of growing businesses who are looking for the next big thing.
A basic understanding of business modelling and a first draft of your business model, which will be assessed by the EARN International team prior to admitting your attendance. If you want us to support you in drafting your first business model, please sign up for the “Business Model Canvas (1 Day Workshop): Understanding your business” workshop.
Six 3-4 hrs workshops over a period of 6 weeks (1 workshop per week) lead by EARN and our strategic partner, “Business Architect” Dr Hendrik Bohn, with fieldwork in between where you will apply your knowledge and the feedback. The workshops are going to take place at EARN International, 116 Knopjeslaagte 385JR, M26 Main Road, Centurion, 0158. Stationary, refreshments and snacks are provided.
Each individual workshop consists of three parts: (1) You will present an updated version of your business model and the learning you have gained, (2) a 1-1.5 hrs presentation by us to discuss a component of a business model in detail, and (3) overview of the fieldwork’s focus for the week ahead.
During your fieldwork, you are also required to write a journal about your learning and discovery which is going to be read by the team from EARN International. You may also set up a telephone conference with the team from EARN International to get answers to questions or challenges which you discover during the fieldwork.
Takeaways and On-going Support
During the workshop, you are going to:
- Design and understand your business model end-to-end which is desired by your customers, feasible by you and your partners, and is promising to make profit;
- Understand how to test each component of your business model and apply changes to it with low risk and limited capital required;
- Understand remaining questions to be answered before scaling / growing the business and respective approaches to get there;
- Receive valuable feedback from your workshop facilitators and other workshop attendees;
- Learn the tools and approaches to all tasks mentioned above.
After the workshop, you may opt to:
- Continue on your business design journey through intensive training through the course “Designing your successful business”;
- Receive on-going coaching and mentoring from EARN International;
- Use EARN International to perform all non-core functions for your business under your oversight;
- Take additional courses through EARN International dealing with specific aspects to the life stage of your business such as requesting funding successfully, driving performance in the business, successful mergers and acquisitions.
R 39,999 per business (including 2-3 representatives per business).